If there is an emergency, such as chest pain or stroke symptoms, please call 911 or go to the Emergency Room. If we receive a call for an emergency reason, we will advise you to go immediately, as we do not
want you to waste precious minutes getting your loved one to the emergency room.
- If there are serious medical questions that need immediate attention please call us!
Serious medical questions may involve: fevers exceeding 100.5 degrees, diarrhea or vomiting for more than 24 hours, seizures, or a health issue that concerns you.
- Please allow the providers adequate time to return your phone call. We understand that each patient's time is valuable, but as we do see many patients during the day, we may not get to your message until after hours.
- We are unable to schedule appointments after hours. However, we do have an answering service that will page the doctor after hours if there is an emergency.
- Please allow 48 hours for us to complete your refill request. If you call us after 3:30 p.m., we will not process your request until the following business day. It is illegal for us to refill narcotics (i.e. codeine) over the phone. Please contact
the office during business hours.
If you need to reach the doctors during non-business hours, please call 770-509-0017 and you will be assisted by our answering service.
- We will discuss lab or diagnostic test results over the phone. Please allow 3-5 business days for us to call you with the results. If you feel that you need more information or have any other questions that may relate to other aspects of your health
care, please schedule a follow up appointment a few days after your test. Some staff members may not be prepared to accurately interpret some tests in relation to your medical condition.
- All prescription requests are to be addressed during business hours. We are able to address these requests very quickly if they come from the pharmacy – please contact them with refill requests, and we will respond as soon as possible. Please
allow 48 hours for refills to be processed. If we have not filled a specific prescription for you before, you will have to see one of the health care providers to have that issue addressed.
- Please allow 3-5 days to obtain authorizations and referrals. Contact the office when your appointment is made so we may obtain the referral for you. Some insurance companies do require 7-10 business days for requests.
- Due to the HIPAA Privacy Act, no information can be given to anyone except the patient. If you are calling about a friend or loved one over the age of 18 we must have written permission from the patient to speak with you about their condition or
their appointment times.
- As a courtesy to others, we ask that you cancel an appointment at 24 hours before the scheduled time.
- Please allow at least 48 business hours for forms such as immunization and school forms, disability and attending physician forms to be completed.
- We do require a copy of your insurance card each time you come in for an office visit or for labs. Co-pay is due at time of service. If you do not have insurance, your balance is due after your visit.
- Please notify our office immediately if any information has been changed (i.e. phone numbers, addresses, name changes or any other important information) that is related to providing better and faster care.